The supermarket can be an intimidating place for those embarking on a healthy lifestyle. There are so many items, so many brands of each item and alot of nutrition labels. The next time your heading to the grocery store, add these easy tips to your shopping list. This way you can make sure that your cart is isn't loaded with the unhealthy stuff that can sabotage your goals.
1. Don't go hungry. This is a big one! Ever notice when you do visit the grocery store hungry, you end up buying everything in site? Have a snack before you hit the store.
2. Have a list written out ahead of time. In fact, customize an automated grocery list with your customized health plan at venicenutrition.com. Once you have your list, try to stick to it.
3. Buy the majority of your groceries along the perimeter of the store. The perimeter contains the "healthiest, least processed" foods like fruit, veggies, meats and dairy.
4. Allow yourself one treat to purchase each trip in individual servings if you can handle it being in the house without over indulging.
5. Try a new recipe each week from your meal plan tab to keep your lifestyle fresh and exciting. Add the new ingredients to your list.
6. Change it up once in awhile. Visit a Whole Foods, Trader Joe's or local farmer's market so you can experiment and be exposed to new foods.
Good luck on your next shopping trip!